Hi, guys! Forgive my silence. I have been completely overwhelmed for the last several weeks. I had to take time to process world conditions and make sure I was okay and my children were okay. That’s my form of self-care and it’s okay. Don’t ever feel guilty for checking in on YOU!
Of course, I have been in the kitchen. I also have been spending a lot of time with my girls. The quarantine break has allowed me to slow down and think about what I want next in my life. I hope you all are taking this time to grow and thrive as well.
Aren’t we all dreaming of a time when we can visit our favorite island again safely? Until then, I decided I will create my own staycation and jerk chicken is the perfect meal. As we navigate our new normal, we are all cooking more, some might say more than we would like. I know with the holiday coming up, some of you will be grilling and chillin on the patio. Try this Caribbean jerk chicken recipe below! Tag @mommanew and let me know what you think.
Also, check out my audio on setting boundaries. As we work from home, life can become one big blur. Make sure you are setting boundaries and keep your sanity!
As always, health and happiness. . .
What’s trending? Setting Boundaries
- 2 lbs Boneless chicken thighs
- Wet Marinade
- 3 Habanero peppers finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Allspice
- 2 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Mango puree
- Combine the wet rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs to bowl and move chicken around until completely covered in marinade.
- Refrigerate chicken overnight covered.
- Set grill to 400 degrees
- Oil grill grates.
- Place chicken on grill grates and cook for 15 minutes.
- After the chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Chicken temperature thermometer read is 165 degrees F.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or mango salsa.