Who doesn’t love a hoagie! Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, a staple in the community was Home of the Hoagy, best hoagies ever.
Of course, mine could never taste as good, but here is my remix of the hoagie on a tortilla.
The kids love them!
Check out our latest video on how to roll pinwheels.
Health and happiness. . .
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced capicola
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of finely shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 10 inch tortillas
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Dice pimientos (optional)
- Season to taste, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, Italian oregano
1. Layer one tortilla with ham.
2. Place on top of the ham Genoa salami and capicola, alternating one after the other.
3. Top with two slices of cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and pimentos (optional).
4. Add lettuce.
5. Roll the tortillas up tightly, cut on diagnol into pinwheels and serve.