Who doesn’t love a hoagie! Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, a staple in the community was Home of the Hoagy, best hoagies ever. Of course, mine could never taste as good, but here is my remix of the hoagie on a tortilla.
The kids loved them! Check it out here, The Top Foods to Pack for the Beach
Did you make this recipe? Tag @mommyanew
Health and happiness. . .
Classic hoagie on tortilla
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced capicola
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of finely shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 deli thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 10 inch tortillas
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Dice pimientos (optional)
- Season to taste, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, Italian oregano
1. Layer one tortilla with ham.
2. Place on top of the ham Genoa salami and capicola, alternating one after the other.
3. Top with two slices of cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and pimentos (optional).
4. Add lettuce.
5. Roll the tortillas up tightly, cut on diagnol into pinwheels and serve.
2 thoughts on “Best Pinwheel Recipe”
Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Appreciate it!
Thanks for visiting. Forgive the late response. This comment went to my spam folder. If I think of any other blogs, I will shoot you a comment. Stay safe!