BEAR DOWN! Who remembers the Bear’s Shuffle? Am I showing my age? 🤣
I’ve been working on a few recipes for the Super Bowl. Just because we are at home doesn’t mean we can’t make the best out of it. Quarantining with my girls has been nice. Some day soon, my girls will leave home and fly the coop, so I am creating memories pandemic or not.
Today we are making taco salad with Doritos. It’s a good choice for game food and can be served as an appetizer or main dish. So easy and flavorful, anyone can make it. Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to share, share, share. Sharing is caring.
SOME OF THE STARS
I forgot to get a picture, but don’t forget to drain the fat before adding your seasoning.
And feel free to make your own seasoning. With homemade seasoning, you can control your sodium intake.
But today, I went with store bought seasoning. Quick and simple.
Even if your favorite team doesn’t win, this recipe is a winner!
Remember to sign up for the blog. Be the first to get articles like this and more straight to your email.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @mommyanew.
Also, visit Mommy Anew on Youtube where you can see me make this dish. Music courtesy of Free Music Archive: Music for Videos by Scott Holmes, Catch up Sally.
Health and happiness. . .
- 1 oz chili seasoning
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 oz sloppy joe seasoning
- 2.5 lb ground beef
- 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 head of lettuce
- 2 green onions
- 1 bag of Doritios
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until brown.
- Drain the fat from the ground beef in a strainer. Then return ground beef back to the skillet
- Add taco, sloppy joe and chili seasoning to the ground beef.
- Add 1 cup of water and tomato paste.
- Stir the ground beef and seasoning together. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- While the ground beef is cooking, chop up lettuce, tomatoes, and green onion.
- When ground beef is done, add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix well into the ground beef.
- Serve with Doritos, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream (optional) and green onion. Add extra cheese on top of taco meat. (optional)