Hey guys! Quick post. I had a taste for some cabbage simmered to perfection along with some slammin’ macaroni and cheese. So that’s just what I did.
I love plain ‘ole cabbage, but this time I remixed it and added some different flavors like turkey kielbasa and hot giardiniera mix. Warning, if spicy food is not your thing, opt for the mild giardiniera mix.
All the stars
Cook bacon in oven while you work on the rest of the meal.
Saute peppers until medium to semi soft consistency.
Cook the turkey kielbasa until brown on each side.
I layer the ingredients before mixing all together.
Mix well before simmering
Enjoy with mac and cheese and cornbread to sop up the juice!
Remember to sign up for the blog! Be the first to get articles like this and more straight to your email.
Health and happiness. . .
Did you make this recipe? Tag @mommyanew
- 1 large green cabbage
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 14 oz turkey kielbasa
- 6 to 8 pieces of bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of sliced green, yellow and red peppers
- 2 tbsp giardiniera
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon in the oven at 350 degrees until done.
3. Cut cabbage into small pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
4. Add oil to saucepan and saute garlic. Add peppers to saucepan and saute until a medium to semi soft consistency. Remove from saucepan and set aside in bowl.
5. Cut kielbasa sausage into pieces and saute until brown. Remove from saucepan and set aside in bowl.
6. Begin to layer cabbage. Add peppers to the saucepan, then cabbage, then sausage, then cooked bacon,
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add 2 tbsp of giardiniera.
9. Add 2 cups of water.
10. Mix well. Then bring to boil.
11. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.